Specifying Terra Lana represents superior performance, sustainability, environmental responsibility, longevity and health.
Terra Lana are pleased to work alongside architects, offering services, such as custom width production to fit your plans, advice & support and informational presentations.
We believe providing sustainable solutions to the construction industry is an increasing factor in architectural design success.
Our products exemplify our ethos of leveraging natural resource & recycling for superior performing solutions that are sustainable, environmentally responsible and healthier.
TERRA LANA PRODUCTS TECHNICAL STATEMENT
Terra Lana Wool Insulation is a wool and polyester fibre blend thermal insulation for use in ceilings, walls and under floors of buildings.
Terra Lana Wool Insulation has been appraised as a thermal insulation material for ceilings, walls and under floors of buildings within the following scope:
- Framed or part framed domestic and commercial buildings where the insulation remains dry and serviceable.
In the opinion of BRANZ, Terra Lana Wool Insulation if designed, used, installed and maintained in accordance with the statements and conditions of our BRANZ Appraisal No. 682 (2010), will meet or contribute to meeting the following provisions of the NZBC:
- Clause B2 Durability: Performance B2.3.1(a) not less than 50 years and B2.3.1(b) 15 years and B2.3.2. Terra Lana Wool Insulation will meet these requirements.
- Clause E3 Internal Moisture: Performance E3.3.1. Terra Lana Wool Insulation will contribute to meeting this requirement.
- Clause F2 Hazardous Building Materials: Performance F2.3.1 Terra Lana Wool Insulation meets this requirement and will not present a health hazard to people.
- Clause H1 Energy Efficiency: Performance H1.3.2.(e) Terra Lana Wool Insulation will contribute to meeting these requirements. Terra Lana Wool Insulation has been appraised as an ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION in terms of New Zealand Building Code compliance. Terra Lana Wool Insulation thermal resistance (R-value) has been determined by testing to AS/NZS 4859.1 which is an acceptable method.
Terra Lana Wool Insulation must be installed in accordance with the manufacturers Technical Literature and NZS 4246:2006: Energy Efficiency – Installing Insulation in Residential Buildings, to meet the stated thermal performance rating of the insulation.
For consenting information please refer to our Technical Information Statement.
When correctly installed according to the manufacturers' instructions Terra Lana natural wool insulation meets the following industry standards:
AS/NZ 4859.1: 2002
Materials for the thermal insulation of buildings - General criteria and technical provisions.
NZS/AS 1530.1 : 1994
Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures - Combustibility test for materials.
Terra Lana natural wool blend insulation has passed the early fire hazard tests (Applied Research Laboratories Test 96132) for the “Simultaneous Determination of Ignitability, Flame Propagations, Heat Release and Smoke Release”.
(Range 0 - 20) 0
Spread of flame index
(Range 0 - 10) 0
Heat evolved index
(Range 0 - 10) 0
Smoke developed index
(Range 0 - 10) 5
NZS 4218 : 2009
Thermal Insulation - Housing and Small Buildings
Energy Efficiency - Installing Insulation in Residential Buildings
DAGMAT BIODEGRADABLE LANDSCAPE TEXTILES
Working with landscaping? Use our DAGMAT natural dag wool and jute-reinforced matting systems to reduce erosion, enhance plant establishment, suppress weeds and protect waterways.
- DAGMAT ROLLS
- DAGMAT SQUARES
- DAGMAT GUARD MATS
You don't need to use plastic products in landscaping! Terra Lana DAGMAT biodegrades over time to feed the soil & plants with nutrients. No messy synthetic residue or removal costs down the track.
Wool & jute are ideal in landscaping situations as they absorb and hold moisture to keep plants more hydrated, are fully permeable, help to insulate roots, are durable & long-lasting and have a natural colour and aesthetic that blends with the environment.
Find out about DAGMAT